13 Seats available for participants!!! Register online or send email to Java Isntitute. Hurry up, it is limited!!! 3 August 2010 Call for Papers - The 1st Java Institute International Colloquium (JIIC) Reframing Java: Past, Present and Future
29 July 2010 by admin
Java Institute, Soegijapranata Catholic University (SCU) of Semarang – Indonesia, plans to invite experts, scholars/academicians of wide range disciplines, governments officials, business professionals and industrialists, cultural analysts/activists, and other interested communities from Indonesia and overseas to present their papers and/or participate in the first Java Institute International Colloquium with the following theme
“Reframing Java: Past, Present and Future”
In this context, the Island of Java, Indonesia is seen as a geographical entity with its complexities.
- to promote new perspectives in positioning Java in global context.
- to identify and implement socio-economic potentials and shared cultural values from the comparative studies of Java and other regions.
- to incorporate those socio-economic and cultural values with modern technology and science as well as education which enhance prosperity, human rights, and recognitions towards local wisdoms.
Nominated articles can be on but not limited to:
- science and technology
- urban and environment
- health conditions
- culture and arts
- Prof. Dr. Charles Surjadi, MPH. (Atma Jaya Indonesian University, Jakarta)
- Prof. Vincent Didiek Wiet Aryanto, Ph.D. (Soegijapranata Catholic University, Semarang, Indonesia)
- Prof. Sumarsam, Ph.D. (Wesleyan University, USA)
- Dr. Widjajanti Dharmowijono (Widya Mitra Foundation)
Bart Begalka, MA.(Trinity Western University, Canada)
Abstract and Paper
Submit abstracts < 200 words by 12 JUNE 2010 including:
- author’s background & interest
- email address
- telephone number
Accepted abstracts announced on 19 JUNE 2010.
- Submit complete papers by 10 JULY 2010.
- <15 pages 12 font size,
- Times New Roman,
- MSWord .rtf file
to be presented in Parallel presentation. The papers of the conference will be published in a book form with an ISBN. Send abstracts and complete papers via email@example.com or javainst.unika.@gmail.com.
Venue and Date
Theatre Room, 3rd floor of Thomas Aquinas building, Soegijapranata Catholic University, Jl. Pawiyatan Luhur IV/1, Bendan Dhuwur, Semarang, 50234 Indonesia on Tuesday, 3 AUGUST 2010
Limited number of participants including presenters (50 participants) as Registration is FREE OF CHARGE!!
Deadline for Registration as participants 30 JULY 2010.
Registration, however, may close earlier if the number of participants has reached 50. Please use on-line registration for participants only. The committe provides no d-day registration for participating in the colloquium.